Origin is now ready to introduce EPABX systems into their security systems category. Origin is regularly introducing latest technology products related to security systems. Such security devices have reduced the unnecessary human efforts and save valuable time and money.
What is EPABX?
EPABX stands for Electronic Private Automatic Branch Exchange. It can be also used as an intercom system. It saves organizations from spending money on phone calls that are routed through a public exchange. It is a device of boundless use for telephonic connectivity with extensions of single/multi phone lines.
Operator/Console Features of EPABX Systems
- Call an Extension- Operator/Console can call any extension directly by dialing the desired extension number. It can be also done by just pressing the corresponding DSS key.
- Call Transfer- Operator/Console can transfer the incoming/outgoing call to any extension by the procedures explained in the user manual.
- To Make an External Call- Operator/Console can talk to any external party by dialing the desired P&T access code.
- Hold/Park a Line- Console can Hold/Park any number of lines simultaneously by just pressing the ‘HOLD’ key.
- Busy Extension/Trunk on Console Status- Console can check the status of busy extension/trunk by just pressing the DSS keys. The display will show all information about that port.
Distinctive Features of EPABX Systems
- Direct Inward Dialing (DISA)- With the help of voice messages, this unique feature of DISA allows an external caller to access any extension directly. It doesn’t require the help of an operator.
- Direct Outward System Access (DOSA)- DOSA allows the user to use the system resources for making any outgoing calls from outside of the office. This feature is mostly used to make long distance calls (STD/ISD).
- Dialed Number Information (DNI)- Whenever you ask your operator to dial an external number, the external number dialed by the operator, will be displayed on your telephone set when the call is being transferred to you. It can be displayed at any transferred extension
- Calling Line Information (CLI)- The System identifies the caller. Caller’s telephone number is displayed on the LCD of the telephone instrument. This enables the user to be prepared before answering the call.
- Call Progress Visual Indication- The system allows unique visual display status of call progress. The corresponding LED indication of that extension will be green while making an internal call, it will be red while making a local call on P&T lines, and it will be orange while making an STD/ISD call on P&T Lines.
- Serial Port/PC Connectivity- The System can be connected to PC through Serial Port. From the serial port, you can take the call SMDR details (in/out) to your PC and can save the data for future use.
- External Music-on-Hold- When an extension user talking with external party and subsequently putting them on hold, the external party will listen to music. You can connect your system with an external music source such as FM receiver, CD player, Walkman or any standalone music source through a jack provided in the system.
- Remote Maintenance- This feature allows your authorized service center/dealer to maintain your EPABX from any remote location.
- Call Budgeting- Any extension user can be restricted up to a fixed amount of budget for any type of outgoing calls. It can be refresh by the system automatically by weekly, forth weekly or bi-monthly.
- Outgoing Call Control- The system can control your outgoing call by alerting you while you are making any outgoing calls. Beeps on Trunk Calls and Call Disconnection After Beeps.
- Status of Busy Extension/Trunk on Console- Console can check the status of busy extension/trunk by just pressing the DSS keys of the busy port. The display will show all information about that port.
Gaining experience with the years, Origin is now also engaged in providing and installation of different EPABX systems and other security devices for Big offices, Hotel Industries, Corporates, Organisations and Housing Societies. Feel free to contact us here.